The new kids on the block.
COMET (Cox Media Technology) is a start-up within Cox Enterprises Inc., one of the largest privately held media company in the United States.
We help power a powerhouse.
COMET serves as the technology arm of Cox Enterprises, providing specialized technology, research, and resources via the Cox Innovation Lab (TM). We support teams across Cox which includes Cox Communications, the third-largest U.S. cable TV company, Cox Auto (Manheim, Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book), and the Cox Media Group (television, radio, newspaper, and digital properties).
We’re building the future of advertising.
The COMET Ad Exchange is a unified programmatic platform that connects buyers and sellers across all advertising channels, including desktop, mobile, video, and soon, cable television.
Perks & Benefits
Our new office is located in the heart of Redwood City with great places to eat and drink and be merry within walking distance. In the office you’ll find a stocked kitchen, free soft drinks, weekly catered lunches, and a game room (video games, ping-pong, and pool table).
Paid Time Off
Because we all need work-life balance, paid time off when you need it and including most national holidays.
401K with Matching
We help you invest and plan for your future by encouraging employees to take full advantage of our 401K matching program.
As part of Cox Enterprises, we offer a variety of benefits far beyond health and dental insurance to help our employees stay healthy while planning for their future with peace of mind.
Salt & Timber
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Redwood City, California)
Cox Comet LLC, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises is a digital media services company who is seeking a software engineer to develop an application that enables the ability to discover any performance issue that related to impression traffic and revenue.
The ideal candidate understands the “real time bidding (RTB)” advertising business and enjoys contributing ideas and concepts to enhance existing system.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop the alerting and monitoring system to discover any unusual traffic (like invalid traffic) and revenue impact issue.
- Complete the ad-hoc request in timely manner; like generate a one-time special report\
- Proficient in Hadoop, SPARK, Python, MS SQL, SSAS, C++ and C#.
- Analyze the system performance and identify any potential issue from the log files based on the information from alerting and monitoring system.
- Provide the support to finance and account team for any ad-hoc request.
- Act as a product/data expert and point of contact for several cross-functional groups within the organization.
PRODUCT MANAGER (Redwood City, California)
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop, communicate and maintain product roadmap
- Identify project dependencies and blockers
- Gather detailed requirements and document user stories
- Conduct training sessions and product demonstrations
- Participate in discussions with COMET partners
- Organize and communicate product release plans
- Assist in product support